Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bon Pasku & Bon Nuevo Annos

What? It means Merry Christmas & Happy New Year in Pompementaeu. Which is what they speak on the island of Bonaire. It's a small island right above Venezuela and sort of in between Arruba and Curacao. And it's where my Mom lives. They moved there about three years ago and I get the added bonus of "having" to go visit my Mom in the Caribbean. Damn, life's not fair.

So, while I everyone is suffering the fall out from the nasty weather in the states, I am soaking up the sun and SCUBA diving in the most beautiful waters in the Caribbean. (Bonaire is the #1 voted Caribbean dive spot). Yeah, it sucks to be me, I know.

I will return with my new and improved blogging after the first week in January. Just wanted to wish everyone a safe & Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Your Mom lives in Bonaire? Is she adopting? I went there once and extended the vacation to last an entire month I loved it so much.

LarryLilly said...

My son goes there for scuba once a year, he says there isnt much else to do except dive, and the very first time he went he stepped on a stingray, so the first couple of days he was laid up with a swollen ankle, but the salt piles are nice to look at LOL.

Anonymous said...

seriously? how old are you? The language is called Papiamentu and Curacao is in between Aruba and Bonaire. If your mom is living there I would expect you to be more interested.