Sunday, January 11, 2009

That's My Story... And I Am Sticking To It


When the school board pulls me in and asks me why my kids didn't learn a damn thing all year long, I am going to man up and put the full weight of the responsibility right where it belongs....

On the computer screen shoulders of my fellow bloggers.  Thanks to the following people for helping me to get absolutely nothing accomplished in the way of lesson plans, papers read or test graded:

IHoB (who has gone away, but I still give him some of the blame)
Evil Genius and his gal-pal Evil Red
And oh so many more I found from clicking links on these blogs.  

It's because of you funny people that I have nothing to show in the way of inspiring lessons that will motivate juvenile delinquents in training to cast off their bad-willy-wanna-be behaviors and become highly educated, fully employed, tax paying citizens in their adult years. 
And I thank you, each and every one of you.  Because with out you to take the full responsibility for my perfecting of procrastination, I would be forced to admit that I spent the weekend watching re-runs of David Caruso and Emily Procter battle it out for the WORST ACTING Emmy in the Seriously-Not-Needed-Spin-Off Category.*  Not that I did that or anything, I'm just saying it's really all your fault.  You and those meddling blogs you insist on writing.  Except, you IHoB.  You left me crying and broken hearted. Forced to read old posts.... oh Fernando, I will forever dream about what might have been (insert cheesy love song that I can't remember the name of).

Anyway, I have to go watch the entire season of 24 in hopes of redeeming myself with the people at Netflix.  They are beginning to question my taste in DVD rentals.  I think it had something to do with the post-it note I attached to the copy of Starship Troopers II stating something about this being the BEST MOVIE EVER!!  Yeah, drinking and Netflixing = not always a proud moment.  But just so you know bloggers, I will be watching you.  And you had better keep up your end of the responsibility bargain here.  I ain't going down alone on this one. 

*(I was going to attach the best video of Caruso one liners, but I can't figure out how to do that, so follow the link ~ you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll realize that my cat has more acting skills than Caruso.)
P.s. If anyone can help me with Blogger's crappy formating please leave me help in the comments section.  Also, how do I get videos on here? Damn.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is very easy .
To embed a video from YouTube, just copy the code from the "Embed" box on the video's YouTube page. To embed a YouTube video within a blog post, first click "Edit HTML" from within the post editor. Next, paste the video's code into the body of your post. That's it!

BTW, great post!

Mel O said...

HEY NOW!! I get enough guilt from my mother... I don't need to be getting it for contributing to the delinquency of minors, too! Lol... cute post.

Thanks for the shout out! I've been MIA for a little while so I'm glad you even remembered my little ole' blog ;)

Chemgeek said...

Holy crap!!!! I could cut and paste your post onto my blog, change a few words and it would be sooooo accurate. I have been terrible at prepping for the new semester. OTOH, I've been a world class procrastinator.

I've watched a bunch of the "24" seasons. I want to try watching them all during an actual 24 hour period sometime.

OK, I have to get back to not doing things I should be doing.

Vanessa said...

The beauty of it is that I don't have to come up with an excuse, it's written out in post form a little each day!

Going Comomdo said...

David Caruso is the ultimate OverActor. NO ONE and I mean Nobody can touch him when it comes to the OverActing category. He and his sunglasses have that award wrapped up.